HOME - Patients
Welcome to the Kidney Health Management Program!
What is Kidney Health Management?
The Kidney Health Management (KHM) program helps improve the health of people with chronic kidney disease and other conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
How was I selected for Kidney Health Management?
KHM is free for people who are members of certain health plans. You were selected for the program based on information from your health plan and your doctors. That information is used to make suggestions that help you and your doctor take better care of your health. Your doctor will talk to you about tests and other things that may help you. All you need to do is visit your doctor and follow the doctor’s orders.
Does everyone in Kidney Health Management receive the same services?
If your doctor thinks you can benefit from additional help, you may also qualify for a free service called Care Navigation. In Care Navigation you will work with a team of nurses and social workers between doctor visits.
How does Care Navigation work?
- If you are chosen for Care Navigation, you will get a phone call from a Care Navigator on a regular basis
- They check in with you, between your doctor office visits
- No one will come into your home
- If you need information in another language, we can provide it at no cost
Why did the doctor include me?
Your doctor includes patients that have health conditions that may affect their kidneys.
What if I do not want to be in Care Navigation?
You can opt-out at any time without penalty.
How do I reach my Care Navigator?
You can reach a Care Navigator Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST by dialing toll-free 800- 481-0474.
Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to:
- Be treated politely and with respect
- Receive understandable information
- Have information about us, including:
- Our staff
- The programs and services we offer
- Any business relationships that may affect you
- Be supported to make healthcare choices with your doctors
- Be told about all treatment choices even if a treatment is not covered and to discuss choices with your doctors
- Have your medical and personal information kept private and confidential
- Know who has access to your information and how we keep it secure, private and confidential
- File a complaint and understand how and when it will be resolved
- The names of your Care Navigation team and how to ask for a different Care Navigator (if you are in Care Navigation)
- Opt-out of Care Navigation at any time without penalty
You have a responsibility to:
- Follow the plan you and your doctor (or you and your Care Navigator for those in Care Navigation) agree upon
- Provide correct information to your doctor and your Care Navigator (if you are in Care Navigation)
- Tell your doctor and Care Navigator if you decide to leave the program (for those in Care Navigation)
Please call us at 1-800-481-0474 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST to:
- Get more information
- Contact your Care Navigator
- Provide feedback
- File a complaint
Other important contact information:
- Dial 911 for an emergency
Call your doctor for health questions